Mt. Carmel Sports Health Series
Next Tuesday, April 28th, join us for:
The Mt. Carmel Sports Health Series
Presented by the Mount Carmel Team Doctors
The Importance of Sports Nutrition
Dr. Rozek (Mount Carmel Team Doctor)
- Two 15 minute presentations followed by 10 minute question and answer period.
- Presentations will begin at 6:30pm and 7:00pm on Tuesday, April 28th
- Topics will focus on Sports Nutrition relating to pre and post competition.
- This talk is aimed toward the parents and a small handout will be provided with information regarding the presentation to take home.
A2 keeps rolling!!!
A2 continued to flex it muscles with three more tourney wins this weekend. 11 Green (left) got their second tournament win of the season at Highland MS. 12 Green and 12 Orange (middle) finished 1st and 2nd respectively at Kids America. 13 Green (right) won for the second straight week at Maverick VBC.
A2 has now won 16 tournaments across 7 age groups in 2015.
2015 A2 Tournament winners:
- 11 Green (above left) at Highland MS - 4/26/15
- 13 Green (above right) at Maverick VBC - 4/25/15
- 12 Green (above middle) at Kids America - 4/25/15
- 13 Green at JVA Classic - 4/19/15
- 15 Red at Pick North - 4/19/15
- 14 Green at JVA Classic - 4/19/15
- 14 Green qualifies for Nationals at the Convention Center - 4/12/15
- 16 Green at Mount Union College - 4/12/15
- 12 Green at Nothin' But Net - 3/28/15
- 12 Black at Tri-Valley HS - 3/21/15
- 12 Green at Courts 4 Sports - 3/21/15
- 11 Green at Shelby HS - 3/15/15
- 17 Green at SPIRE Institute - 3/1/15
- 12 Orange at Bellefontaine - 2/21/15
- 12 Orange at Marysville - 2/7/15
- 12 Green at Kids America - 1/31/15
Check out all the 2015 photos here.
Summer Training Opportunities
A2 plans to offer many summer training opportunities. Many of these items are now available for registration and additional opportunities will be added in the coming weeks. Click on the individual opportunities to learn more details:
- Boys Summer Training (training focused on the boys game)
- A2 Beach (starting June 1) New local Beach tourney info added to the Beach page.
- Summer Training Series (Players entering Grades 6-9 in Fall, 2015)
- New, 4/16 - School Tryout Tuneup (2 day sessions Grades 7-10 - July 27-30)
- Super Squares (New training for more experienced players entering grades 4-6)
- Mini Squares (For players entering grades 4-6)
- Wee Squares (for players entering grades K-3)
- Comparison page for Wee Squares, Mini Squares, and Super Squares
Passing, Hitting or Serving
We have modified the daily clinic sessions a bit further starting March 30. Monday clinics will now focus on Passing. Wednesdays and Fridays will remain the same with Wednesday clinics focused on Hitting and Friday clinics on Serving. Registration for these training opportunities can check out our Clinics & Camps page.
Currently available opportunities include:
- Passing Clinics every Monday (3:30pm - 4:30pm)
- Hitting/Attacking Clinics every Weds (3:30pm - 4:30pm)
- Serving Clinics every Friday (3:30pm - 4:30pm)
All team photo "items" (bag tags, buttons, etc.) were available for distribution to all teams on or before 3/30. Any remaining items (a few reprints and some late arriving orders) have been at the club since 4/14. If you haven't received your order, please check with your coach to get them from the office.
If you have questions about your order, please contact Arleen Piper Photography directly at email@example.com.
During tournaments, players and coaches are responsible for providing various roles (keeping score, 2nd official, libero tracking, etc.) while they are not playing. Therefore, it is critical that all players and coaches know how to perform the various roles.
OVR has provided pointers to some training materials and videos that describe how to perform these roles. Click the link to access the instructions on how to access these training materials.