Picture orders are starting to arrive. Coaches will be distributing pictures and photo items after practice as they become available. At this time, all items for teams 12 and under are available for distribution. Flat items will be in a picture envelope, and other items (such as photo buttons, keychains, etc.) are not in the envelopes, but will be distributed by the coaches as well. We anticipate the remainder of the distribution schedule to be as follows:
- 14 and under teams should be available for distribution by Friday, 3/6
- The remaining teams should be available by practice on Monday, 3/23, although we anticipate some may arrive by practice on Wednesday, 3/18.
If you have questions about your order, please contact Arleen Piper Photography directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to make an additional order, click here for the picture order form and mail your order form along with payment to the address at the bottom of the form by March 30.
We have modified the daily serving clinics sessions a bit to add hitting/attacking clinics every Wednesday starting in March. All players looking for some additional training opportunities both during and after the club season can check out our Clinics & Camps page.
Currently available opportunities include:
- Staring in March, Hitting/Attacking Clinics every Weds (3:30pm - 4:30pm)
- Serving Clinics every Monday and Friday (3:30pm - 4:30pm)
- Summer Training Series (7-week session starting in June)
A2 takes another title
17 Green captured the 4th A2 gold medal of the season taking first at the SPIRE Institute. Congratulations girls!!
2015 A2 Tournament winners:
- 17 Green at SPIRE Institute - 3/1/15
- 12 Orange at Bellefontaine - 2/21/15
- 12 Orange at Marysville - 2/7/15
- 12 Green at Kids America - 1/31/15
Check out all the 2015 photos here.
The tournament season for A2 and A2 Velocity has now begun. For players that are new to the club (and as a reminder for returning players), each player/parent needs to know the following:
- Players need to bring a ball to the tournaments for warm-ups and are also responsible for keeping track of the ball throughout the day.
- Parents talking to a coach during (or immediately after) a tournament about coaching decisions is not acceptable. Parents should address their concerns with the Club Directors (Coach Servick for A2 and Coach Stevenson for A2 Velocity) at a later time.
- Players/parents that have not paid the balance of their fees (which were due at the first practice) will not be allowed to play in tournaments until they have contacted their Club Director (Coach Servick - A2 and Coach Stevenson - A2 Velocity) and resolved that conflict.
- For more information on Tournament expectations, click here.
During tournaments, players and coaches are responsible for providing various roles (keeping score, 2nd official, libero tracking, etc.) while they are not playing. Therefore, it is critical that all players and coaches know how to perform the various roles.
OVR has provided pointers to some training materials and videos that describe how to perform these roles. Click the link to access the instructions on how to access these training materials.
A2 Web Store Orders
Most orders that were slated for delivery to the club have been received and are available for pickup. Please note that our vendor started taking orders directly in early January and most items are now shipping directly to individual homes. Since the vendor does not locally stock the items, orders are grouped in batches and then purchased by the vendor, followed by any A2 customization, and then finally they will be shipped to your home. Items shipped to your home will typically take ~4 weeks to arrive after your order.
If you have questions about your order or already received merchandise, please direct your questions to Mark Betts. He can be reached at email@example.com.