New Squares Sessions
Registration for new Wee-Squares (primarily Grades K-3) and Mini-Squares (primarily Grades 4-6) sessions are now available. Click below to learn more:
- Wee-Squares (Fridays, Feb 19 - March 11, 2016; 5:00pm - 6:00pm)
- Mini-Squares (Fridays, Feb 19 - March 11, 2016; 6:00pm - 7:30pm)
A2 Web Store
UPDATE, 1/31/16!! Orders are placed in groups and delivered to the club for distribution.
- New Spring items (shirts, leggings, shorts) are now available in the store!
- Orders that were placed by 11:59pm on 1/22 will be delivered on 2/9.
- If you have a question regarding your order -- (i.e., received the wrong item or different size than what was ordered), please contact Stefanie Shomock at email@example.com.
- Our order schedule with the vendor is as follows:
- Orders placed by 11:59pm on 2/7 will be delivered on or before 2/22
- Orders placed by 11:59pm on 2/21 will be delivered on or before 3/7
- Orders placed by 11:59pm on 3/6 will be delivered on or before 3/22
- When making an order, please carefully select your sizes as all items are individually ordered and prepared by the vendor.
Click here to see the selection
Small Group Clinics
More small group clinics have been added to the calendar. Both Coach Servick and Coach Rahe are offering small group clinics. To register for these opportunities, check out our Clinics & Camps page.
Currently available opportunities include:
- Serving, Defensive, and Hitting on Saturdays, 1/30, 2/6, and 2/20
- Serving Clinics every Tuesday (3:30pm - 4:30pm).
For those that participated in pictures, we will be working on updating the website during February. Please note that is a lengthy process of editing, cropping, and updating pictures for almost 400 players and some players/teams will be posted earlier than others. If you wish to change your player profile, these requests can be made through Player Update Page. For security reasons this is not an automated update, so please limit your page update requests to only one per season if possible.
During tournaments, players and coaches are responsible for providing various roles (keeping score, 2nd official, libero tracking, etc.) while they are not playing. Therefore, it is critical that all players and coaches know how to perform the various roles.
OVR has provided pointers to some training materials and videos that describe how to perform these roles. Click the link to access the instructions on how to access these training materials.
A few items of note for all players and parents.
- Practice will start promptly at the scheduled starting time. Players should be dressed with shoes on and ready to go at the starting time.
- Final dues payments were due with the first practice. Checks can be made out to Advancement Academy and brought to practice or can be made on-line via the Club Payment link under the Resources tab.
- All players are required to have a full junior membership with OVR/USA Volleyball for the 2016 season. Go to the OVR Junior Registration page to obtain a full membership if you have not already done so. Be sure to list Advancement Academy Volleyball Club as the club you are playing for when you obtain the membership.