This is Tryout information for all A2 Girls club teams playing out of TAD Sports in Granville for the 2020-2021 season.
Due to COVID capacity restrictions, spectators will not be allowed in the facility during tryouts. Parents of younger players can accompany their children into the facility and ensure all tryout paperwork/fees are complete.
Please contact us if you have specific questions.
|2020-2021 A2 Girls Club Season Tryout Schedule
|Tryout Location: TAD Sports
Tryout dates/times are still pending sanction from OVR/USAV.
|Special Note: Players in the 10U-13U age group that are not available at the listed tryout time can attend the 14U tryout. Similarly, players in the 14U age group that are not available at the listed tryout time can attend the 10U-13U tryout. Please sign up for your actual age group and add that you will be attending the opposite tryout time in the Additional Info section of your registration.|
|10U – 13U
(All teams for players from 10U – 13U)
||9:00am – 11:30am
||12:30pm – 3:00pm
|16U, 17U, 18U
(Top 16U teams – Likely Hybrid and American. All 17U/18U)
||1:30pm – 4:00pm|
(Top 15U teams – Likely Hybrid and American)
||5:00pm – 7:30pm|
(All regional teams)
||6:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Tryouts are now complete
Special Notes (This applies to all players):
- **Please arrive at tryouts at least 30-45 minutes prior to the starting time to turn in all registration paperwork and be assigned a tryout t-shirt.
- If you wish to play for a National team, we encourage you to participate in the National A2 tryout in Lewis Center. We will likely have a Hybrid team at most age groups that will register as either National or American, but will still play in some National tournaments.
- Players needing to leave early for Awards ceremonies are free to do so, but should inform us in advance.
- Please attend the tryout for the highest level you wish to compete.
- All tryouts will take place at TAD Sports
All players (including already committed players) will need the following items to participate in tryouts:
- Familiarize yourself with the Special Notes section above so you understand the tryout session(s) you need to attend.
- 2020-2021 A2 East Tryout registration form – General player information. Completed on-line at least 24 hours prior to tryout.
- 2020-2021 USAV Player Medical Release Form – Please bring this filled out form to tryouts. This needs to be signed by both the player and parent.
- OVR/USA Volleyball registration – This is where you obtain your OVR/USAV Member ID #. Complete online registration and bring a copy of your membership card to tryouts. Both Full Season and Tryout only registration is available. Please note this registration is required for any club tryout and is separate from the Club Tryout fees listed below. More information about OVR/USAV registration can be found on our FAQ page.
- Tryout registration fees in amounts noted below.
Tryout Cost/Payment Information
Tryouts will be held at TAD Sports per the schedule shown above. Tryout registration fees will be:
- $15 – Players that have already signed/committed to play for A2 East for the 2020-2021 season. Fee to cover t-shirt, coach, and facility cost and should still be paid in advance at the time of registration.
- $25 – Uncommitted, pre-registered players trying out with A2 East that paid on-line at the time of registration.
- $35 – Walk-ins and those paying the day of tryouts. “Day of” payments must be made via cash or check.
All players will receive a tryout t-shirt that they will be required to wear for tryouts. Payment can be made on-line through PayPal at the time of registration. Please note that tryout registration fees are non-refundable. Tryout fees cover the cost of tryout t-shirts, court costs, and coaching evaluation costs.
Note: If you need to make a change to a previously submitted registration for Tryouts, contact Advancement Academy via the input form describing the changes required.
2020-2021 OVR Age Definitions
At A2 East, all Regional teams will use Grade Level definition for ages where required. Some American teams could use “traditional” or “true age” level definitions since this is required for larger, national tournaments. Any player wishing to be considered for an American team that would only qualify for that age group based on the Grade level definition should note that in their registration entry form. For further details on age level definitions, refer to the OVR age definition page. A2 has also created an FAQ page to explain some of the nuances regarding age levels in a little more detail.
*Note that special rules apply for “older” 17U/18U players that are not listed here.
(Traditional USAV definition)
(OVR “Grade-Level” Definition)
|18 & Under*||Born on or after July 1, 2002||12th grade|
|17 & Under*||Born on or after July 1, 2003||11th grade|
|16 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2004||10th grade|
|15 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2005||9th grade|
|14 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2006||8th grade|
|13 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2007||7th grade|
|12 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2008||6th grade|
|11 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2009||5th grade|
|10 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2010||4th grade|