This is Tryout information for all A2 Girls club teams playing out of TAD Sports in Granville for the 2019-2020 season.
Please contact us if you have specific questions.
|2019-2020 A2 Girls Club Season Tryout Schedule
|Tryout Location: TAD Sports
|11s, 12s, & 13s (now one session for all 3 ages)
||12:30pm – 3:00pm
|14s||Saturday, 10/26/19||4:00pm – 6:30pm|
||Sunday, 11/10/19||9:00am – 11:30am|
|17s & 18s
||12:30pm – 3:00pm|
||4:00pm – 6:30pm|
|Click here to register
Special Notes (This applies to all players):
- **Please arrive at tryouts at least 30-45 minutes prior to the starting time to turn in all registration paperwork and be assigned a tryout t-shirt.
- If you wish to play for a National team, we encourage you to participate in the National A2 tryout in Lewis Center. If there is adequate representation from A2 East to form a National team and train out of TAD Sports, we will consider that at the time of tryouts. We have added a check box on the A2 Lewis Center registration form to state that your main interest is still playing out of A2 East, but plan to participate in the A2 Lewis Center tryout. Also, if you plan to tryout at both locations, please note that in the Additional Notes section and the fee will only be $10 (to cover the cost of the tryout t-shirt).
- Players needing to leave early for Awards ceremonies are free to do so, but should inform us in advance.
- Please attend the tryout for the highest level you wish to compete.
- All tryouts will take place at TAD Sports
All players (including already committed players) will need the following items to participate in tryouts:
- Familiarize yourself with the Special Notes section above so you understand the tryout session(s) you need to attend.
- 2019-2020 A2 East Tryout registration form – General player information. Completed on-line at least 24 hours prior to tryout.
- 2019-2020 USAV Player Medical Release Form – Please bring this filled out form to tryouts. This needs to be signed by both the player and parent.
- OVR/USA Volleyball registration – Complete online registration and bring a copy of your membership card to tryouts. Both Full Season and Tryout only registration is available. Please note this registration is required for any club tryout and is separate from the Club Tryout fees listed below. More information about OVR/USAV registration can be found on our FAQ page.
- Tryout registration fees in amounts noted below.
Tryout Cost/Payment Information
Tryouts will be held at TAD Sports per the schedule shown above. Tryout registration fees will be:
- $25 – Pre-registered players trying out with A2 East that paid on-line at the time of registration or paid by check at least one week in advance of the tryout.
- $35 – Walk-ins and those paying the day of tryouts. “Day of” payments must be made via cash or check.
All players will receive a tryout t-shirt that they will be required to wear for tryouts. Payment can be made on-line through PayPal at the time of registration. Please note that tryout registration fees are non-refundable. Tryout fees cover the cost of tryout t-shirts, court costs, and coaching evaluation costs.
If paying by check, checks should be made out to Advancement Academy Volleyball Club and mailed to:
Advancement Academy Volleyball Club
459 Orange Point Drive, Suite C
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035
Please include player name (or a printed version of page 1 of your registration) with your payment to facilitate processing. Note: If you need to make a change to a previously submitted registration for Tryouts, contact Advancement Academy via the input form describing the changes required.
2019-2020 OVR Age Definitions
At A2 East, all Regional teams will use Grade Level definition for ages where required. Some American teams could use “traditional” or “true age” level definitions since this is required for larger, national tournaments. Any player wishing to be considered for an American team that would only qualify for that age group based on the Grade level definition should note that in their registration entry form. For further details on age level definitions, refer to the OVR age definition page. A2 has also created an FAQ page to explain some of the nuances regarding age levels in a little more detail.
(Traditional USAV definition)
(OVR “Grade-Level” Definition)
|18 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2001||12th grade|
|17 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2002||11th grade|
|16 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2003||10th grade|
|15 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2004||9th grade|
|14 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2005||8th grade|
|13 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2006||7th grade|
|12 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2007||6th grade|
|11 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2008||5th grade|
|10 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2009||4th grade|