This is Tryout information for all A2 Girls club teams playing out of Lewis Center at A2 Sports Garden for the 2019-2020 season. For age groups with larger numbers of players, we will organize tryouts based on the level at which players wish to compete. This will allow for better player evaluation during tryouts. If you are looking for some extra training before tryouts, registration for some tuneup clinics is available here. (Note: Dates/Times of tuneup clinics are in the registration page and these clinics are NOT required to participate in tryouts).
Please contact us if you have specific questions.
|2019-2020 A2 Girls Club Season Tryout Schedule
|Tryout Location: A2 Sports Garden
(refer to OVR age definitions at bottom of page)
|10, 11 (All Levels)||Friday, 10/25/19
||6:00pm – 8:30pm|
|12s (All Levels)
||9:00am – 11:30am
||12:30pm – 3:00pm
|14 Nat/Amer||Sunday, 10/27/19
||4:00pm – 6:30pm|
||6:00pm – 8:30pm|
|17s & 18s (All Levels)
||Sunday, 11/10/19||9:00am – 11:30am|
||12:30pm – 3:00pm|
|15 National only
||4:00pm – 6:30pm|
|15 Amer/Reg||Monday, 11/11/19
||6:00pm – 8:30pm|
Special Notes (This applies to both committed players and non-committed players):
- **Please arrive at tryouts at least 30-45 minutes prior to the starting time to turn in all registration paperwork and be assigned a tryout t-shirt.
- Players needing to leave early for Awards ceremonies are free to do so, but should inform us in advance.
- Please attend the tryout for the highest level you wish to compete.
- If any player wants to be considered for a National or American team, they must attend the National/American tryout. If a player does not receive an offer during that Nat/Amer tryout, but is still interested in a spot with a Regional team, they must plan to attend the Regional tryout as well.
- Players only desiring to play at the Regional level will only need to attend the Regional tryout.
- All tryouts will take place at the A2 Sports Gardens.
- One registration fee will cover multiple tryout sessions, but should you need to attend more than one tryout session, you will be asked to check in at the registration desk again (so that we know you are present at the tryout) and wear the same tryout shirt from the first session you attended.
All players (including already committed players) will need the following items to participate in tryouts:
- Familiarize yourself with the Special Notes section above so you understand the tryout session(s) you need to attend.
- Advancement Academy 2019 – 2020 Girls Player registration form – General player information. Completed on-line (preferably at least 24 hours prior to tryout).
- 2019-2020 Player Medical Release Form – Please bring this filled out form to tryouts. This needs to be signed by both the player and parent.
- OVR/USA Volleyball registration – Complete online registration and bring a copy of your membership card to tryouts. Both Full Season and Tryout only registration is available. Please note this registration is required for any club tryout and is separate from the Club Tryout fees listed below. More information about OVR/USAV registration can be found on our FAQ page.
- Tryout registration fees in amounts noted below.
Tryout Cost/Payment Information
Tryouts will be held at the A2 Sports Gardens per the schedule shown above. Tryout registration fees will be:
- $15 – Players that have already signed/committed to play for A2 for the 2019 season. Fee to cover t-shirt and coach cost and can be paid in advance or in cash/check the day of tryouts.
- $25 – Uncommitted, pre-registered players trying out with A2 that paid on-line at the time of registration or paid by check at least one week in advance of the tryout.
- $35 – Walk-ins and those paying the day of tryouts (uncommitted players only). “Day of” payments must be made via cash or check.
All players will receive a tryout t-shirt that they will be required to wear for tryouts. Payment can be made on-line through PayPal at the time of registration. Please note that tryout registration fees are non-refundable. Tryout fees cover the cost of tryout t-shirts, court costs, and coaching evaluation costs.
If paying by check, checks should be made out to Advancement Academy Volleyball Club and mailed to:
Advancement Academy Volleyball Club
459 Orange Point Drive, Suite C
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035
Please include player name (or a printed version of page 1 of your registration) with your payment to facilitate processing. Note: If you need to make a change to a previously submitted registration for Tryouts, contact Advancement Academy via the input form describing the changes required.
2019-2020 OVR Age Definitions
At A2, all Regional teams will use Grade Level definition for ages where required. All National teams and some American teams will use “traditional” or “true age” level definitions since this is required for larger, national tournaments. Any player wishing to be considered for an American/National team that would only qualify for that age group based on the Grade level definition should note that in their registration entry form. For further details on age level definitions, refer to the OVR age division page. A2 has also created an FAQ page to explain some of the nuances regarding age levels in a little more detail. *Note that special rules apply for 18U players that are not listed here.
(Traditional USAV definition)
(OVR “Grade-Level” Definition)
|18 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2001*||12th grade|
|17 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2002||11th grade|
|16 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2003||10th grade|
|15 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2004||9th grade|
|14 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2005||8th grade|
|13 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2006||7th grade|
|12 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2007||6th grade|
|11 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2008||5th grade|
|10 & Under||Born on or after September 1, 2009||4th grade|