This is Tryout information for all A2 Girls club teams playing out of Lewis Center at A2 Sports Garden for the 2021-2022 season. Further details and registration will be available in late August/early September for the 2021-2022 season. For age groups with larger numbers of players, we will organize tryouts based on the level at which players wish to compete. This will allow for better player evaluation during tryouts. If you are looking for some extra training before tryouts, registration for some tuneup clinics is coming soon. (Note: Dates/Times of tuneup clinics are in the registration page and these clinics are NOT required to participate in tryouts).
Special Note: Due to COVID capacity restrictions, spectators will not be allowed in the facility during tryouts. Parents of younger players can accompany their children into the facility and ensure all tryout paperwork/fees are complete.
Please contact us if you have specific questions about the teams/registration process.
|2021-2022 A2 Girls Club Season Tryout Schedule
|Tryout Location: A2 Sports Garden
Tryout dates/times are still pending sanction from OVR/USAV.
(refer to OVR age definitions at bottom of page)
|10U – 11U – All Teams||TBD
|12U – All Teams||TBD||TBD|
|13U – National/Top 2 American
|14U – National/Top 2 American||TBD||TBD|
|13U/14U – All remaining teams at 13U/14U
|17s & 18s (All Teams except 17 Jade)
|16U – National/Top American
|15U – National/Top American
|15U – All remaining teams||TBD||TBD|
|16U/17U – All remaining teams
(All other teams at 16U and 17 Jade)
|Tryouts are now complete
Special Notes (This applies to both committed players and non-committed players):
- **Please arrive at tryouts at least 30-45 minutes prior to the starting time to turn in all registration paperwork and be assigned a tryout t-shirt.
- Players needing to leave early for Awards ceremonies are free to do so, but should inform us in advance.
- Many of our listed tryout categories say “National/Top American”. In recent years, our Top American team has played what we consider a hybrid schedule — where they are registered as an American team with USAV/OVR, but will play in some National events (such as a National qualifier). Additional American and Regional teams will generally be filled during the second tryout at age groups (primarily 13U – 17U) where a second tryout exists.
- Please attend the tryout for the highest level you wish to compete.
- If any player wants to be considered for a National or American team, they must attend the National/American tryout. If a player does not receive an offer during that Nat/Amer tryout, but is still interested in a spot with a Regional team, they must plan to attend the second/Regional tryout as well (if an age group has 2 tryout times).
- Players only desiring to play at the lower American/Regional level will only need to attend the second tryout (in age groups that have multiple tryout times).
- All tryouts will take place at the A2 Sports Gardens.
- One registration fee will cover multiple tryout sessions, but should you need to attend more than one tryout session, you will be asked to check in at the registration desk again (so that we know you are present at the tryout) and wear the same tryout shirt from the first session you attended.
All players (including already committed players) will need the following items to participate in tryouts:
- Familiarize yourself with the Special Notes section above so you understand the tryout session(s) you need to attend.
- Advancement Academy 2020-2021 Girls Player registration form – General player information. Completed on-line (preferably at least 24 hours prior to tryout).
- 2020-2021 Player Medical Release Form – Please bring this filled out form to tryouts. This needs to be signed by both the player and parent.
- OVR/USA Volleyball registration – This is where you obtain your OVR/USAV Member ID #. Complete online registration and bring a copy of your membership card to tryouts. Both Full Season and Tryout only registration is available. Please note this registration is required for any club tryout and is separate from the Club Tryout fees listed below. More information about OVR/USAV registration can be found on our FAQ page.
- Tryout registration fees in amounts noted below.
Tryout Cost/Payment Information
Tryouts will be held at the A2 Sports Gardens per the schedule shown above. Tryout registration fees will be:
- $TBD– Players that have already signed/committed to play for A2 for the 2020-2021 season. Fee to cover t-shirt, coach, and facility cost and should be paid in advance at the time of registration.
- $TBD– Uncommitted, pre-registered players trying out with A2 that paid on-line at the time of registration.
- $TBD– Walk-ins and those paying the day of tryouts (uncommitted players only). “Day of” payments must be made via cash or check.
All players will receive a tryout t-shirt that they will be required to wear for tryouts. Payment should be made on-line through PayPal at the time of registration. Please note that tryout registration fees are non-refundable. Tryout fees cover the cost of tryout t-shirts, court costs, and coaching evaluation costs.
Note: If you need to make a change to a previously submitted registration for Tryouts, contact Advancement Academy via the input form describing the changes required.
2021-2022 OVR Age Definitions
At A2, all Regional teams will use Grade Level definition for ages where required. All National teams and some American teams will use “traditional” or “true age” level definitions since this is required for larger, national tournaments. Any player wishing to be considered for an American/National team that would only qualify for that age group based on the Grade level definition should note that in their registration entry form. For further details on age level definitions, refer to the OVR age division page. A2 has also created an FAQ page to explain some of the nuances regarding age levels in a little more detail.
*Note that special rules apply for older 17U/18U players that are not listed here.
(Traditional USAV definition)
(OVR “Grade-Level” Definition)
|18 & Under*||Born on or after July 1, 2003||12th grade|
|17 & Under*||Born on or after July 1, 2004||11th grade|
|16 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2005||10th grade|
|15 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2006||9th grade|
|14 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2007||8th grade|
|13 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2008||7th grade|
|12 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2009||6th grade|
|11 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2010||5th grade|
|10 & Under||Born on or after July 1, 2011||4th grade|